Thursday, December 1, 2016

Ready, Steady, WRAP!

"Tandembaum" by Juan Wijngaard, brilliant artist and cover illustrator of Up, Back, and Away
You-Know-What is coming.  I'm no where near ready - but, friends, I am making plans.  I'll have a little something for everybody - and that means YOU too - later this month.

In the meantime, just to say Happy Hols and thanks for stopping by, here's a link to one of my new favorite BBC Radio programmes: Choral Evensong on Radio 3.  This is, "A Service for Advent with Carols" recently recorded live at the Chapel of St. John's Cathedral in Cambridge.

If you have been around here before you know that since I discovered the iPlayer app (q.v.- the app works brilliantly to dial up the whole universe of BBC radio - and it is a vast universe).  British public radio puts ours in the shade. Choral Evensong is one of many long-running programmes (I always mentally pronounce the "e" there, being American) that I have come to love.  The only down-side is that all that fabulous radio has cut down on my reading.  If you have a tip for a book I should check out, leave it here or over on Goodreads.

More later. Best wishes for a bright season.



2 comments:

  1. There is just SO much out there! And I'm not even on Twitter or Fb. Having Tunnelbear and watching BBC shows, and Acorn, and even Netflix has a lot of British tv, I'm not reading as much either. I keep meaning to listen to more radio, but I haven't found the time. Love the ready 'steady.' My 2 yo grandson says that instead of ready 'set' because of a British tv show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never need spend another dull moment. I wonder if that's good for us. Your two-year-old grandson is clearly very bright. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete